Friday, January 27, 2012

Meet My Sister April

I am blessed with 5 sisters and a brother.  I asked each one if I could ask them the same five questions for a new feature called "Five on Friday".  I thought by meeting them you might learn a little about who I am and where I came from. This one is from my sister April.  She is my oldest sister.  She was my first sister and I was hers.  I'm pretty sure she taught me how to be cool, which I think in "big sister speak" means how NOT to embarrass her!!!  I love her.  She has taken me to some amazing places! Here are her unedited responses:


What do you do?
I have been a travel agent for 25 years. A sometimes stressful, but rewarding occupation!  I am also the mother of a beautiful grown daughter that I love spending time with and that I love very much!  She is very loving & can make me laugh with her witty wisdom.  I am also "slave" to a pretty but feisty cat that can also lift me up when I am down with her sweet but charming ways.

Where have you been?
I am fortunate & blessed to have been able to travel due to my job in the travel industry.  I have been to various places throughout Europe, Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean, cruises, and the U.S.  Some of my best memories though, are places that I've been able to experience with my family members with me.

What is your passion?
My passions are travel, reading, and riding my bicycle.  I just wish I had more time to do all 3 !  If I get to retire someday, I think my passion would be to be able to do some volunteer work with the elderly.  I've always wanted to do that.

What is your favorite quote?
My favorite quote is "Choice, not chance, determines destiny."  How true is that!

What is your favorite book and why? 
I don't really have a favorite book.  But one that comes to mind is "Without Reservations" by Alice Steinbach.  About a woman that travels the world on her own & talks about all the places & people she experiences along the way, sending postcards back to her own home so she can reminisce about it all when she returns.  My favorite author is anything by Pat Conroy.  I love his stories and his writing technique. I think I've read every one of his books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment