Sunday, February 26, 2012

Burlap and Clover Wreath

I made this awesome Burlap and Clover Wreath.....

....and I'm going to share how I did it on this post, but first, let me just show you this photo:
It's the 25th of February and that's my husband Sam on the tractor doing the first work of the season on our farm.  For those of you who don't know, we have a pumpkin patch and corn maze every fall.  It's a ton of fun and a lot of work.  Most people think it's pretty easy when they visit.  They have no idea the work starts in February and continues right up to opening day in September.  Here's some proof.  Sam is brush hogging last years corn stalks now that the deer have eaten all they want.  But, me?  I'm inside blogging.  Hmmmmm.
Anyway, everyone has been doing burlap projects and I found a piece of burlap in my fabric drawer.  I figured I'd better do something with it before that fad runs it's course.  So...I had this really ugly clover candle ring.  It's all glittery and I'm not a real glitter kind of girl, but a few years ago, I thought I needed something for St. Patrick's Day and I came home with this:

It was so cheesy looking and I just kind of put it away and ignored it.  Today, I spiced it up a little.  It's still glittery, but I toned it down a bit.  Here's what I did:

I found this styrofoam wreath in my  never-ending craft supply stuff.  I got out my cutting mat and wheel cutter and I cut that burlap into 1 1/2" strips.  Burlap is really messy stuff and I would advise you not to wear a black shirt when you are working with it.  I'm just sayin. 

So I wrapped those strips around the wreath and pinned them with sewing pins.  (I figured I might not want this to be a permanent project since I don't love that cheesy clover thing.)  The pins worked really well .

Now here comes the awesomeness of this project.......I figured I'd have to cut up that candle ring, but it totally slipped right into the back of the burlap covered styrofoam wreath.  Seriously, I didn't even have to fasten it in.  How lucky is that??!! 

A little ribbon at the top to hang it by and I added a little Shamrock pin at the top (something I usually wear on St. Patrick's Day so I don't get pinched) and this project is all done.

Doesn't it look all cute hanging on that little gate on my "pretend mantel" (which is really just a shelf)???  I feel all trendy now that I've done a burlap project.  If burlap is soooooo over....don't tell me for a few weeks!  And just so ya know......Sam is still on the tractor.  Enjoy your day!

Linking Up:
White Lights On Wednesday

UndertheTableandDreaming


35 comments:

  1. oooohh! Love that sparkle. I'll bet there are little leprechauns living in there it's so cute! Thanks so much for linking up!
    igottacreate.blogspot.com
    "Kiss Me I'm Irish" linky party now open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you own a pumpkin patch, that is awesome! I love this adorable wreath. And I love that you get to use what you already had in your stash. Thanks for sharing it at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath and they way you have it displayed on the iron is so creative...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath! I also love your blog! (I love your monkey bread for 2...I do something similar with my cheesy garlic rolls). I'm your newest follower on GFC and I'd love for you to come visit my blog. Have a great week!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is really pretty, I so would love to have a pumpkin patch, how cool is that! Love when you go in to your stash and find a great piece. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is adorable! I like your cheesy clovers! I would like to find some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this wreath! A little bit of sparkle never hurt anyone and you balanced it nicely with the burlap. That craze better not be over because I have two rolls of it to use up! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really pretty and it's a nice addition to the graceful gateway! I don't have a mantle either, but I decorate the top of my piano. Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my pink coffee tables - I'm your follower too, since my first visit here:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love burlap and green for Paddy's Day! My husband is from Ireland so this is my fav holiday. Would love if you'd share this tutorial and more on my linky party going on now.

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/

    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just pretty.I am ur new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I would love for you to link this up to our party http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/2012/02/pinteresting-link-party-week-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I love going through the corn mazes during the fall. I'm really looking forward to taking Logan to the pumpkin patch this year and getting some cute picks! I never thought about how much work goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute love your wreath!!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty wreath! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, how perfect is that that it just fit??

    I have never visited a corn maze and thought it must be easy, but that is very cool that you guys do that!!

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wreath is so pretty and so festive! I would love if you would share with my readers on Blog Stalking Thursday! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-stalking-thursday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your wreath!!! I would love it if you would link up at my party going on now! (It's my first one!!!)

    Jill :)
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute wreath and I love it hanging on the gate!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I am a glitter kind of gal so I love it! LOL but I have done several burlap projects over the past couple of years and still.like the pieces I did and this turned out great combining the two! Thanks for joining TTF this week and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! Love your blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the wreath! I just became a follower and want to invite you to stop by my brand new blog and follow me, too:) Thanks!!
    http://www.gratefulbelly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this project. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome!
    I'd love to have you come link it up at From Scratch Friday!

    Christina @ Marriage from Scratch
    http://marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com/2012/03/from-scratch-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the clovers on this wreath are insane! I totally dig it. I'd love for you to come share at my St. Patty's link party. :)

    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/st-patricks-day-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love ths! I'll be showing it off tomorrow in a special St. Patty's Day round up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful job and perfectly seasonal. I'd love to have you join me at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's awesome- you should share with Masterpiece Monday and Metamorphasis Monday - this is the perfect thing for those linky parties.

    You made it so so so so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That looks great! And I agree, it looks a billion times better as a wreath! Sewing pins are so much better to use for attaching things to foam wreaths too, I love it! See mine here!

    everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com/2012/03/remember-that-st-patricks-dayspring.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it Danni - and Burlap is STILL in lol -
    It looks so Spring like - Oh God - don't tell me
    I'm going to decorate for St. Paddy's day, after all................
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have some ugly Christmas candle rings -- I think I see a use for them now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute wreath and a nice makeover using burlap with it. Thanks for sharing on the Spring Craft Blog Hop. Pinned and Tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is adorable!! Even looks like something that could be used all year long! Love it! #SCBH2015

    ReplyDelete