Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Few Gifts From My Friend Kim

This is my good friend Kim:
I've told you about her before here in my story In Awe of a Friend.  She's still awesome.  I have a hunch she always has been.  Anyway, she stopped by one day a couple of weeks ago and brought me a couple of things.  She brought me this:
It's a huge roll of twisted craft paper!  She got it for a song at an auction or a junk shop.  She finds the most interesting things! She thought it just screamed "FALL" and because she knows I have a Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze, she gave it to me.  I can think of about a million things I'm going to do with that stuff and I can hardly wait until it gets closer to fall.  For one thing, I think it will make some awesome fall wreaths.  I'm pretty sure it will be cool as scarecrow hair too.  I love it!  If you have any other cool ideas for it, please let me know.  I'm sure you'll be seeing some of it in upcoming blog crafts.

The other thing she brought me was this shabby shelf:
I think it must have been an old dresser. But the drawers are long gone and its upside down in this picture.  I cleaned it up and had my husband put some wheels on the bottom of it and that's all I've done to it right now.  It's sitting in my laundry area where I can see it, so I can figure out just exactly how I'm going to transform it.  I'm thinking I'll start with some paint!!  I'm a lover of all things green so it will probably be green.  The shabby look is not so great in my farm style house, but I am thinking of breaking out of my comfort zone and doing something really whimsical like putting polka dots on it or maybe a stencil or some decoupaged birds!  I'm open to suggestions on this project too!  Like the bale of twisted craft paper, you'll be seeing this again soon! (I'm waiting for a little better weather so I can paint it outside.)

Don't you wish Kim was your friend?  She has some amazing stuff at Junk N Pretties.  You can find it on facebook.  I love her enthusiasm.  She inspires me on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just stopping by from the Blog Hop. I'm your new follower and I'm wishing you much success with your blog...come see me sometime too! www.dearblondie.blogspot.com :)Crystal

    ReplyDelete