Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Monkey Bread for Two

I keep seeing recipes for Monkey Bread and Individual Monkey Bread.  They all look yummy, but for just Sam and I, a smaller recipe was needed.  So, I decided to make one. This recipe makes just 6 mini monkey breads in a muffin pan.
Here's what you need:
1 can (10 count) of buttermilk biscuits
1 C. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon (I only use Penzeys Vietnamese Cinnamon...it's the best!)
1 Stick of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. brown sugar

Here's what you do:
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a muffin pan with PAM. (If you don't, you'll be sorry.)  Open the biscuits and cut them into 4 pieces each. I use scissors.

Put the sugar in a food storage bag with the cinnamon and shake it up a little.  Melt the butter in the microwave and add the brown sugar and vanilla.  Stir it until the brown sugar is dissolved and it's not separated.  (You may have to reheat it a little and stir it again right before you use it because it wants to separate.)  Put the biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mixture and shake that bag up.  (I did about 6 pieces at a time.) 

You can see that I labeled my storage bag, because I always have enough leftover to make these again. Take them out of the bag and put them in the muffin pan.  Repeat until all 6 cups are full.  Pour the butter mixture over the biscuit pieces.  (You'll probably have to stir again here.) I will tell you that I only pour until they are a little less than 1/2 full, which means I save the rest. (It's just enough to do them again...put it in the fridge.)  The reason I do this is I found that if I filled them any more than  just under halfway, it made a huge mess in my oven.  (I still put a sheet of aluminum foil under my muffin pan because I can't get over that first mess!)

 Bake about 22 minutes.  Pull them out of the oven and immediately turn them out onto a platter. 

Now don't those look yummy?  Just enough for two and none leftover to tempt you tomorrow, because there is nothing healthy about these and you shouldn't have too many! (Besides, you have that sugar mixture leftover and the butter/brown sugar blend that you put in your fridge, so you can make them again next weekend.  Just get biscuits.)  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by from the Grow Your Blog Hop! Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete