Friday, April 6, 2012

Meet My Sister Amber

I am blessed with 5 sisters and a brother. I asked each one if I could ask them the same five questions for a new feature called "Five on Friday". I thought by meeting them you might learn a little about who I am and where I came from.
This is my sister Amber.....she is as adorable as she looks and I wouldn't be where I am today without her, in so many ways!  She is my youngest sister and when she was born it was like having my own real live baby doll.  I spoiled her rotten.  (She turned out fine anyway!)  Here are her unedited responses to my 5 questions:
 

1) What do you do?
I was blessed to be a stay at home mom while raising my kids, and now I’m a stay at home wife (and I’m stealing that phrase from my sister, Jennifer)! I have a sweet and thoughtful husband who spoils me and calls me princess. ;) I look forward to every day that we spend together and with our kids. I’m proud of my sons and my daughter-in-law and love them more than I can express. They make me laugh and time spent with them is the time I treasure most.
2) Where have you been?
I love to travel and do it as often as I can. I also like to tag along with my husband on business trips and no matter where it is, I can always find something fun to do. We’ve been to Israel, Jordan, Canada, the Roatan, Honduras (a favorite!), Cayman Islands, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta & the Bahamas. I’ve never really counted all the states we’ve traveled to, but I’ve been to most of them. A few of my favorites are Siesta Key, Florida where we spend a week each year, the beautiful Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas, New York City, San Francisco and I’m very excited to be spending 2 weeks in Hawaii in a few weeks!
3) What is your passion?
My passion is God, my husband and my kids. After those, my passions include traveling, being on a beach with my husband, and reading. Other than news and sports, I don’t really watch TV and I go to about two or three movies per year. I’d rather be reading! We also spend a lot of time playing games and cards with friends. We also enjoy motorcycle riding and you can find us on the bike just about every day when the weather is nice.
4) What is your favorite quote or saying?
“Get busy living, or get busy dying.” -Andy Dufresne in “The Shawshank Redemption” (favorite movie)
“Kindness is a powerful thing.” – Author Unknown
“Screw your courage to the sticking place.” -Lady MacBeth
“Look at everything as though you are seeing it for the first or last time.” –A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
5) What is your favorite book and why?
I spend a lot of time reading. I don’t cook, clean or watch TV so that leaves a lot of time to read! I’m in a book club and in addition to reading the monthly selection, I read a few other books each month as well. A few favorites are: The Giver – for young readers but powerful. Cutting for Stone, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Same Kind of Different as Me, and The Widow of the South. I recently toured the house in Nashville where this story takes place which was really neat! I always have a never ending list of books “to read”. Right now, I’m reading Holy Ghost Girl for book club.
That about sums me up! I’m blessed with 5 amazing sisters who I love! I am the youngest…also known as ‘the baby’. I’m sure my sisters would agree that I’ve lived up to that name from time to time! I hope you enjoyed reading about all of us as we’re all pretty unique in great ways!

1 comment: