Sunday, October 14, 2012

MAIL FROM MY AWESOME BLOG FRIENDS!

I swear that I am one of the luckiest bloggers in the whole craft blog world!!  I may have said that before, but it's true and here's why.....
I meet the nicest bloggers!  They even send me cool stuff!  This week, I received not one, but two awesome packages in the mail. Check it out:
Remember when I was fortunate enough to meet a blog friend for the very first time?  It was Loy, from Grandma Loy's Kitchen and I posted about our meeting HERE.  I first met Loy through a package pal exchange and I'm here to tell you I was stunned at the things she sent me.  You can read about that HERE.  Well, Loy happened to see a comment I'd left on another blog (Sweet Little Bluebird) about Honeycrisp Apples.  I had mentioned that I had never heard of them nor had I seen them around here.  Loy emailed me right away and said that she would send me some.  Sure enough a box of those beautiful apples arrived at my door, carefully packaged so they wouldn't get bruised.  Aren't they beautiful??  They are indeed as delicious as they look!  What a treat!  Thank you Loy, your friendship means so much to me!  I am so glad I met you in person!  Check out Grandma Loy's Kitchen for some really great recipes!  You won't be sorry, I've tried many of them myself....some more than once.  (She may or may not be responsible for a few of the pounds that Sam has put on over the summer!!)

Then....later this week, I got another package in the mail.  When my mail lady brought it to my door, she said, "This looks like a fun package!", and it did!
Now really, who takes the time and trouble to cute up the front of a mailing package???  I'll tell you who.......the same person who takes the time to make the inside packages look cute too......and it's someone that many of you already know....
that would be Donna from Distressed Donna Down Home.  If you don't know her, you should check her out.  She makes awesome stuff!  I featured her HERE.  I first heard from her back at the beginning of June when she left a comment on my blog.  We have been friends ever since with many, many emails passing between us.  We have so much in common, it's scary!  Anyway, I want to show you what was in those two packages.  The first one....
 Yeah...the coolest picture of 3 sheep with the cutest tag and ribbon attached.  Now Donna knows I love sheep, I would be raising them on my farm if Sam would do it for let me!  But, Donna also knows something that I love even more than sheep and that's Halloween!!
 Yep...she took that very same picture and Zombified it for a really cool Halloween picture!  Don't you love it!!  It's now my most favorite Halloween item EVER!!  And that cute packaging?  Well, being the crafter I am, I carefully saved it for use in some future project.  I can't help myself!
 I mean really...those cute owls on that card she made, the darling "Witch Academy" tag, some cool hounds tooth tissue and two strips of orange and white polka dot fabric....do they just not scream, "Craft Me!!!"???  But this is not the first nice thing Donna has done for me.  Nope.  Back last summer, when we lost our beloved dog, she emailed me and asked me if I would tell her my dogs name and said she would make a donation to her local shelter in his behalf.  Seriously, how kind is that?!  Sure enough, a little later I received this card in the mail...
 and inside it said this.....
 Yeah....I cried my eyes out at the kindness all over again!  But, brace yourselves readers, because she did one more thing for me that makes my heart smile.....
SHE TAUGHT ME TO STENCIL!!!!!
Now those of you who follow me know that I may have possibly said some bad words over the last year while trying to stencil and gave up every single time.  Donna, patiently and by email, gave me some stenciling lessons.  Here is my very first ever stencil project:
  Now that's just a teaser and I'm going to post the whole project later this week.  It may not look that fancy to you, and Lord knows she tried to get me to highlight it and I was too scared, but I have wanted to learn to stencil for years!!!  Giving stencil lessons through email to a complete novice, could not have been easy.  Thank you Donna!  Thank you for everything...the cool pictures, the kind donation in Winston's memory and the stencil lessons.  You are a cherished friend and I look forward to meeting you one day!
Now....you might think this is the end of my story, and it kind of is.  At least until my next package arrives, and I can't wait to see my mail lady's face when this one comes, because it's coming all the way from New Zealand and you can bet I'll be letting you know all about it!! (My mail lady is a great crafter by the way, but not a blogger....yet.)
The lesson of my post is this.....communicate with the people in your blog world!  They're not all going to send you packages, but they are wonderful people and they have a whole world about them that has nothing to do with blogging.  They are interesting, they are kind, they are supportive, they are compassionate and they are just plain fun!!  Take a chance, ask a question...or answer a question, sign up for a package exchange or guest post for someone...you never know where it will lead.   

Linking up to any or all of these fine parties:
 

27 comments:

  1. Oh, Danni! What was lovely post! All that kindness made me cry tears of grateful joy! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gee... What A lovely post. A. ;-) -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh excitement! I buy online so my mail lady just thinks I'm broke, lol! Told you, everyone loves ya xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog friends really can turn into good 'real' friends :)
    I have met some really special people through blogging, and you are one of them!

    Love this post...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I love the blogging world. Everyone is so sweet and nice! You are a wonderful gal, and I love following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danni, You are a very special person and your wonderful personality blooms in each and every blog you post. I, too, am very delighted to have you as my friend I found through blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Danni...What an encouraging Blog...And meeting others just like you.....Thanks...Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Danni, for writing such nice things about me. I barely recognized myself! I am happy you were pleased with the BAA sheep, and only think you and I would truly appreciate the zombie sheep! Here's a toast to continued friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to add - I WILL get you to learn how to highlight a stencil - be warned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see nothing surprising about your blogs friends sending you gifts. We all love you! They are exceptionally nice gifts though, especially the donation in your pet's name! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gulp - the donation in Winston's name made me cry. What sweetness! And the Zombie sheep are the most hilarious Halloween art ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The donation was such a loving gesture! I have made so many wonderful blog buddies and met a few of them along the way. I feel like we are all part of a big sisterhood of girlfriends, don't you? Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zombie sheep?!?!?! HILARIOUS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely! It was so sweet and generous of her to make a donation in Winston's name. I have met some wonderful bloggers, none more so than you, Danni, who has so kindly answered my barrage of questions! I would still be thinking I "might" start a blog, had you not encouraged me and given me the push I needed, and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post. I love that at the end, you encouraged us all to reach out and communicate with those in our blogging world. You certainly have made some wonderful friends BUT I am sure it is also because of what a wonderful, inspiring and encouraging blogger you are. You mail person must love seeing what you get each week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Danni,

    This is the sweetest post and you have the sweetest blog friends. You are so right when you said:

    "The lesson of my post is this.....communicate with the people in your blog world! They're not all going to send you packages, but they are wonderful people and they have a whole world about them that has nothing to do with blogging. They are interesting, they are kind, they are supportive, they are compassionate and they are just plain fun!! Take a chance, ask a question...or answer a question, sign up for a package exchange or guest post for someone...you never know where it will lead."

    The donation for your Winston was so sweet *sniff sniff* Donna has the biggest heart. I love the Zombie Sheep - hilarious.

    Loy, Donna, Nat....so many great Bloggy friends...and we are so lucky to have you.

    Can't wait to see your stencil post!

    Hugs to you - thanks for such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Danni - wow wow wow - this is just an amazing post!!! You are truly worth it - its because you're awesome and we all love you so much!!!
    I thinks its so cool the way you guys have your own posties (our kiwi word for mail people) - please tell her a big HELLO from me when she delivers your package.

    LOVE those sheep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so need some zombie sheeps! What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post. I love that you could find some great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What great gifts! You do have some great friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How Nice o have all those wonderful friends. I'm telling you, I have never found anyone in blog land or other who makes such an effort to connect with and stay in touch with friends and blog readers. That is what makes you so like-able. Your so kind and never leave anyone out. I'm impressed with your ability to connect with your readers on a level beyond the blog. Sorry about your dog, I know it was a wile a go but I know how it is to love a good dog. Ours is as much a child of mine as my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is lovely! what great presents!! but not surprising. you are such a great friend, no wonder you have wonderful friends in return.
    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww,...I was feeling all warm and fuzzy before I even got to the letter about Winston. How fabulous is that. Wow,...you really have made some wonderful bloggy friends. I suspect it's because you're such an awesome person yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Danni, thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed the apples, and the photo is wonderful. I am proud to be your bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are definitely loved. Says a lot about you when you meet someone from the blog world and they still like you enough after you part to send you gifts.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  26. Donna really is the most wonderful lady- and I love not only her elegance (ever notice how she does stuff that looks a million bucks and manages to make it appear EASY? Whow!) but also her wicked sense of humor. Zombie sheep? I think I just about zombified myself with laughter!
    And for Loy to actually send APPLES is pretty much the coolest reaction to a blog comment ever. Floored me. How amazing is that gal?

    ReplyDelete